Welcome to …
Baslow Bowls Club is situated in the village of Baslow in the heart of the Peak District National Park. We are a lively and friendly club and you are welcome to come and give us a try at any point during the playing season which is between March and September weather permitting. You don’t need any equipment – we have all the basic items for you to borrow.
What equipment do I need?
Shoes – they should be smooth soled and flat.
Bowls – we have a variety of weights and sizes for you to try.
Jack – available from the clubhouse.
Footer – the mat to mark the bowling spot and prevent slips is available from the clubhouse.
Fancy giving us a try?
We hold taster sessions at the beginning of each season. If you have missed these please contact us – details on the contacts page or just pop down to any of our social afternoons on Tuesdays, Fridays and most Sundays from 2pm.
A friendly club with members of all ages
- An exciting and skilful sport
- Exercise and flexibility for body and mind
- Fantastic picturesque setting
- Social activities throughout the year
- Single and married couples welcome – no partner required
- Club competitions
- Social bowls days
- Tuition and coaching available
- Members of local league teams