Baslow Bowls Club Constitution
- The club shall be called BASLOW BOWLS CLUB and be administered by a Committee as laid down in Clause 5.
- Membership of the club is open to all persons living in the Baslow and the surrounding area.
- The Committee shall have authority to suspend, terminate or refuse membership if it believes this to be in the interests of the club.
- The officials of the club shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and shall comprise of Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. The Chairman and Treasurer shall not be eligible to hold more than one post.
- The Committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting and shall consist of the officials described in clause 4 as ex-officio members and up to five further members.
- The term of office of the Chairman shall not normally exceed three years but may be extended subject to approval at the AGM. The terms of office of the other officials and members of the Committee shall not normally exceed five years but may be extended subject to approval at the AGM.
- The Committee shall have the power to co-opt club members to fill any vacancies on the Committee as they occur.
- Seven days notice shall be given for all Committee Meetings and four members, of whom at least two must be officials, form a quorum.
- The financial year for the club will end on the 31 December and the AGM shall be called as soon as possible after this date.
- A bank account shall be opened in the name of BASLOW BOWLS CLUB. Any two of the Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary will sign cheques.
- An Auditor shall be appointed each year at the AGM who may not also be a member of the Committee.
- Notice of all general meetings shall be advised to members at least two weeks before the due date. Only fully paid up playing members as defined in Clause 2 shall be allowed to attend and vote. Members under the age of 18 may attend but may not vote but may be represented by a parent or guardian who shall have a vote.
- An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called by the Committee or at the written request of 10 members who are entitled to vote as prescribed in Clause 12. Two weeks notice shall be given of all such meetings.
- Amendments to this Constitution shall be made at the AGM or at an Extraordinary General Meeting: the requisite notice incorporating the proposed amendment(s) having been given as required under Clauses 12 or 13.
- The Club shall participate as a member of BASLOW SPORTS CLUB and shall be bound by the Constitution and Rules of that organisation.
- The annual subscription shall be fixed at the AGM and shall be payable before 30 April otherwise membership will lapse.
- The Committee shall have the power to raise money in the name of the club, including commercial sponsorship for the benefit of the club.
- The Committee shall have the power to make decisions relating to any matter not covered by this Constitution pending ratification at the next Annual or Extraordinary Meeting.
- The Committee shall refer back to an Extraordinary General Meeting any expenditure which may exceed £2000.
This Constitution was adopted at the inaugural meeting of Baslow Bowls Club held at the Devonshire Arms Baslow on Tuesday 5 May 1992. It was amended at the AGM in 1997, further amended at the AGM in 1998 and further amended at the AGM in 2003. Clauses 4 and 5 were amended at the AGM in 2005.
Amended March 2015